Qualifications of APPIC Match Internship Applicants
Prior to beginning internship, all applicants are expected to:
- have completed coursework
- passed comprehensive examinations
- dissertation must be proposed by rank date
- minimum of 350 hours of interventions provided during practica
- minimum of 1000 hours of practica overall
- coursework and experience in working with diverse populations, group process, and brief therapeutic interventions are desirable.
CAPS is a fast-paced work environment, and while we have an extensive orientation we seek interns who can “hit the ground running.” We are also looking for applicants who are curious, eager to learn and engage, and flexible in their thinking and approaches to psychological service. As an organization we value and respect cultural and individual differences, and we seek interns with expressed interest in continued personal and professional growth in these areas.
- $27,500 minimum annual salary
- 15 days vacation/sick leave
- Health benefits
- 10 paid holidays
- Access to the University of Michigan libraries, e-mail, and the internet within private offices
- Recreational facilities and parking are available on a fee-basis