As a UM community, we continue to strengthen our commitment to a campus that is 100% supportive, engaged and, ultimately, connected around student mental health. When all of our strengths work in harmony, the result is a campus that is a community of caring and has a ‘web of support’.
Why Give to Counseling and Psychological Services?
Annual Gifts are imperative because funds raised through Annual Giving can be used to meet the immediate needs of CAPS.
Why does U-M need my support EVERY year?
While endowment funds are earmarked both in how they can be used and when, Annual Gifts are funds that CAPS can use immediately and where needed most. Each academic year, the University faces unexpected challenges. Annual Gifts from donors like you are vital to ensure our ability to overcome obstacles and live out the Michigan difference.
Here are five specific projects that your donation will directly support -- a gift of any size will lend support and help us to:
- Increase innovative strategies for stigma reduction through CAPS Student Advisory Board activities.
- Expand the Wellness Zone program
- Increase suicide prevention efforts for the campus via the Messages of Hope initiative and other related projects.
- Provide a campus wide education effort for all faculty and staff providing resources and information to educate them about mental health issues and resources in a DVD format.
- Provide increased education and support for families (including students and parents/loved ones of UM students) when coming to campus with a current diagnosis of a mental health condition. Resources to be provided in DVD format for students/families who request information regarding the available campus resources for mental health.
How does U-M solicit for gifts?
Alumni and friends are contacted via mail, email, and Telefund, U-M’s student telephone fundraising program. Michigan is a big place, so you may be contacted by the general Annual Giving office or by someone at a school, college, or unit on campus. As a whole, we strive to make giving to the University and allocating your gift to the area you wish as simple as possible. So when you are contacted remember you can support student life no matter who reaches out to you.
There are many ways you can give to CAPS:
- Annual Giving: A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts: Gifts of cash, securities or “gifts in kind” make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to CAPS.
- Planned Giving: A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
- Bequests: One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
We would be happy to talk about any of these options with you.
How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
- Online giving: Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
- Gifts in Kind: Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind
- Matching Gifts: Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution.
We’re here for you!
We’re passionate about connecting donors with Michigan. We welcome questions about Annual Giving and hearing from you about your reason for participating. If there’s something specific you’d like to support and you don’t see it on our communications, please contact us. We’ll help you get your donation to the right place.
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact:
Senior Director, Parent & Family Giving and Student Life
Associate Director, Student Life
Assistant Director, Student Life
Senior Development Assistant, Parent & Family Giving and Student Life
Student Life Development Office
Wolverine Tower, Suite 9000
3003 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288
Phone: (734) 647-7309
Fax: (734) 647-6100