Counseling and Psychological Services is excited to share with you a new video conceived, planned, written, and acted by our 2016-17 CAPS Student Advisory Board. This video focuses on the variety of ways in which UM students may struggle with mental health and the multiple ways in which CAPS provides services. We are very proud of the work our SAB has accomplished this year and this video is one of the highlights.
Every day, CAPS is involved in activities and services that strengthen our campus to be supportive, engaged and, ultimately, connected around student mental health. Our work revolves around:
- clinical service delivery
- prevention and education
- mental health wellness
- research and data work
- training a new generation of professionals
- video about CAPS Services
Our work also involves information, services, and tools to help students, staff, faculty, and family members. Together, we can achieve a campus climate of mental ‘health’ where each student can engage thoughtfully as an active community member and to help their fellow students.
For more information in a "Frequently Asked Questions" format, please see HERE
CAPS has moved to our Spring/Summer hours for services to students.
Our office will be open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Over the Spring/Summer 2019, CAPS will remain in our temporary new location.
* By calling 734-764-8312, CAPS After Hours offers support to any UM student or any person concerned about a UM student. This is an extension of Counseling and Psychological Services and can assist a caller in any mental health crisis situation when CAPS is not open.
* Urgent Walk-In Services are available during CAPS business hours
Find information regarding urgent/crisis services HERE.