University of Michigan students are associated with being “Leaders & Best,” but what if we encouraged and provided tools for students to be Leaders at their Best? The University of Michigan Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is excited to launch a new initiative called Leaders at their Best.
Initiated in theFall 2015, CAPS has infused the University of Michigan student community with tenets of positive psychology. The goals of positive psychology are to better understand optimal human functioning and to apply those factors to help individuals and communities thrive and flourish (Seligman & Csikszentmihalyi, 2000). By highlighting positive psychology, CAPS is promoting culture change at the University of Michigan by:
- increasing wellbeing, resiliency, empowerment, hope and happiness
- promoting positive coping
- providing easily accessible and visually engaging messages
- strengthening community and relationships
- creating healthier social and learning environment
- providing a strengths-based common language
Join CAPS as we promote optimal functioning, resiliency, and strengths based coping through Leaders at their Best!
We would like to highlight two efforts from our Leaders at their Best work this year: