In the Fall of 2019, CAPS launched the Faculty Toolkit with the generous support of the Baldwin Foundation. The toolkit was distributed to each faculty member in all 19 schools/colleges in order to provide the tools needed to better help support college student mental health. The toolkit was developed collaboratively with the CAPS Student Advisory Board, CAPS Project Manager, Student Illustrator and the CAPS Outreach Committee. A 2nd printing was made possible for distribution to some Graduate Student Instructors through additional donations from the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, University Health Service, the Medical School, and the Sommers Family.
The Faculty Toolkit main goals are:
- To help faculty create a classroom/lab/studio environment that is supportive of student mental health.
- To provide faculty with tips on how to identify and help a student who may be struggling with their mental health.
There are three ways to find the CAPS Faculty Toolkit:
1. To request hard copies of the toolkit, please email CAPS at email@example.com
2. Download the CAPS Faculty Toolkit App for iPhones by searching "CAPS Faculty Toolkit" in the App Store. Android users contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PDF link here: https://bit.ly/3jouLw0
Read more about the Toolkit in an Article by Dana Elger on the University Record.