Due to the continuing COVID 19 global pandemic, CAPS continues to adjust our services based on University, State, and Federal guidelines to support the physical safety and health of our community.
CAPS is open, however our services remain mostly virtual with some in-person services available under public health informed conditions. Our staff is actively engaged in supporting the mental health needs of UM students through tele-counseling, crisis support, and virtual outreach. We encourage all students to monitor UM updates HERE. We also strongly encourage all students to take steps to protect themselves from illness.
For questions about CAPS services, please call our Front Desk at 734-764-8312.
See Current Wait Time.
- During this Initial Consultation (IC), you can expect to:
- Discuss the concern(s) that brought you to seek services at CAPS
- Collaboratively make decisions for the most effective next steps for treatment that include the following possible options:
- 1. Follow-up meeting with CAPS counselor for brief, solution focused individual counseling
- 2. Connect with a CAPS Care Manager for comprehensive treatment planning for treatment elsewhere on campus or in the Ann Arbor community
- 3. Connection to other UM resources that support mental health care
- 4. Referral to a community mental health provider for open-ended therapeutic treatment
For additional information regarding CAPS clinical services during COVID-19, please see the following:
- CAPS Clinical Services
- Crisis/Urgent Support
- New Clients
- Groups, Workshops, and Lunch Series
- CAPS is offering virtual group counseling found HERE.
- Finding A Community Provider
- In-Depth Screenings
- At this time, CAPS is offering our in-depth screenings. We do continue to offer online screenings found HERE.