After Business Hours: 734-764-8312 (Press 0)
Need Help With An Urgent Mental Health Concern?
UM Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers after hours support to any UM student or any person concerned about a UM student. You will have the option to leave a message or to Press 0 to speak to a licensed mental health professional. This is an extension of CAPS and can assist a caller in any mental health crisis situation. Counselors can also assist callers in accessing CAPS or other campus resources. When appropriate, CAPS staff will follow up with the caller on the next business day.
CAPS After Hours is available weekends, evenings, and holidays. These new services will augment the existing full spectrum of clinical services provided by CAPS and extend the center’s reach to more students, at critical times after hours when they may need the services.
And, this service will be provided to students in concert with existing U-M after hours services such as:
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center’s Crisis line
- University Health Service After Hours Nurse Line (with UHS physician back up)
- UMHS’s Psychiatric Emergency Services
- Dean of Students Office Critical Incident Team
- Residence Education in University Housing
- U-M Division of Public Safety and Security
If you need emergency assistance, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.