With increasing numbers of enrolled UM students living outside the state of Michigan (inlcuding outside the United States), we would like to highlight the services CAPS is offering to these students.
If you have started counseling support at CAPS while in Michigan and then move out of the state of Michigan, you can continue working with your CAPS counselor.
If you have not started counseling support at CAPS and are currently living out of the state of Michigan, you are eligible for a one-time consultation (on a secure platform) with a CAPS counselor and we will help you get connected to resources in your area. Schedule this consultation HERE. Like Michigan Medicine, this is due to our state licensing laws which governs our clinical practice.
We have a number of services to students out of state:
- Peer Suport: Engage in individual peer-to-peer counseling via our brand new Peer Counseling Program, or sign up for peer-to-peer group support via the Wolverine Support Network
- Launch SilverCloud - an online, self-guided, interactive mental health resource that provides cognitive behavioral interventions to help alleviate stress, mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and depression, and help increase resilience
- Download the Stressbusters App - offers a variety of guided meditations, breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation and tools for better sleep
- Take care of yourself and others by learning tips through the CAPS Mental Health Care Package or through MiTalk
- Connect with international students during the International Student Lunch Conversation or engage in a monthly luncheon series focused on topics disproportionately experienced by people of color through Nourish or My Brothers
- Follow @umichcaps on Facebook or Instagram for more mental health tips
- Interested in pursuing individual therapy in your state? Identify a local therapist. If you need extra assistance, please schedule an appointment with one of our care managers to help navigate the process
- Learn more by visiting CAPS
We invite you to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (734-764-8312) if have any questions about these services.