U-M Counseling and Psychological Services

With increasing numbers of enrolled UM students living outside the state of Michigan (inlcuding outside the United States), we would like to highlight the services CAPS is offering to these students.

If you have started counseling support at CAPS while in Michigan and then move out of the state of Michigan, you can continue working with a CAPS counselor.

If you have not started counseling support at CAPS and are currently living out of the state of Michigan, you are eligible for a one-time consultation (on a secure platform) with a CAPS counselor and we will help you get connected to resources in your area. Like Michigan Medicine, this is due to our state licensing laws which governs our clinical practice.

We have a number of services to students out of state:

We invite you to email (caps-uofm@umich.edu) or call us (734-764-8312) if have any questions about these services.