Our outreach and education social work internship is designed to prepare ethical and multiculturally sensitive professional social workers who can move with competence, creativity and flexibility into a variety of professional positions. Of particular distinction in social work education and philosophy are the emphases on empowerment, advocacy, social welfare and justice in community organization.
We value our multicultural, multidisciplinary and multitheoretical learning and working environment. Our staff and training program is interdisciplinary, involving social workers, clinical psychologists, counseling psychologists, and psychiatrists.
The goals of the Outreach and Education Social Work training program are to provide experience and increase skills in:
- Program Development And Implementation
- Strategic Planning For A Large University Campus
- Needs Assessment
- Implementing Mental Health Campaigns
- Building And Contributing To A Social Media Presence On Campus
- Presenting Mental Health Information To Students, Faculty, And Staff