If you or someone you know is in immediate danger because of thoughts of suicide, there is help for you. Do not hesitate to call. Please reach out for help.
- Call 911
- Call 734.996.4747 (UM Psychiatric Emergency Services)
If you are not in immediate danger, but need someone to talk with right now, please call one of the following 24/7, 365 days/year, resources:
Campus 24-Hour Services:
- CAPS After Hours: 734.764.8312 (Press 0)
- UM Psychiatric Emergency Services: 734.996.4747
- UM Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness: 734.936.3333
- Department of Public Safety and Security: 734.763.1131
- Dean of Students: 734.764.7420
National 24-Hour Hotlines:
- 1.800.273.TALK (1.800.273.8255) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- All calls: main number
- Military Veterans: press 1
- Spanish speaking: press 2
- The Trevor Lifeline: 1.866.488.7386
- Trevor provides suicide prevention and crisis intervention to LGBTQ young people ages 13-24. TrevorChat is available 7 days a week 2:00 pm-8:00 pm CST.
- TrevorText is available Fridays 3:00 pm-7:00 pm CST. Text the word “Trevor” to 1.202.304.1200.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1.800.273.8255 and Press 1
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring, Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Access chat HERE.
- You may also send a text to 838255.
- Crisis Text Line: 741741
All of these options and resources are available with just a phone call or a mouse-click away. Together, we can change our own story or the story of someone we care about.