UPDATED FOR COVID-19:
Our urgent/crisis services are available for those students who are in crisis or have an urgent need to be seen by our counselor on duty. Counselor on Duty is available:
- Monday-Thursday: 9am-5:30pm
- Friday: 12pm-4:30pm
To see our Counselor on Duty for urgent/crisis needs, please call our Front Desk at 734-764-8312 or come into our Central Campus Office (4th Floor Michigan Union). Staff will provide next steps which will include completing intake or basic information forms. At that point, you'll be able to meet with a counselor as soon as possible.
For urgent/crisis needs after hours, please call CAPS After Hours.
Examples of reasons to see the "Counselor on Duty" include:
- If you are not feeling safe
- If someone close to you has died recently
- If you have a difficult decision to make in the next 2-3 days
- If you have been sexually assaulted within the past 72 hours
- If you have been experiencing a lot of stress for a long time and feel like you really must speak with someone today