UPDATED FOR COVID-19:
Urgent Tele-Counseling Services
Our urgent/crisis services are available for those students who are in crisis or have an urgent need to be seen by our counselor on duty. Counselor on Duty is available:
- Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm
To see our Counselor on Duty for urgent/crisis needs, please email our Virtual Front Desk* at email@example.com. The Virtual Front Desk will provide next steps which will include completing intake or basic information forms. At that point, you'll be able to talk with a counselor as soon as possible.
**The CAPS Virtual Front Desk is available to receive emails 24/7, but will respond to your email between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. For urgent/crisis needs, please call CAPS After Hours.
Examples of reasons to see the "Counselor on Duty" include:
- If you are not feeling safe
- If someone close to you has died recently
- If you have a difficult decision to make in the next 2-3 days
- If you have been sexually assaulted within the past 72 hours
- If you have been experiencing a lot of stress for a long time and feel like you really must speak with someone today