Due to the COVID 19 national pandemic, CAPS has made adjustments to services based on recommendations from UM and the CDC to support the physical safety of our community. We encourage all students to follow guidelines detailed in President Schlissel’s announcements HERE, including daily UM Updates HERE. We also strongly encourage all students to take steps to protect themselves from illness. During this time, CAPS staff remain actively engaged in supporting the mental health needs of UM students in a variety of ways.
Here are the updates on CAPS services:
- CAPS Clinical Services
- Crisis/Urgent Support
- Current Clients
- Current clients who would like to continue services have the option to continue meeting with their counselor primarily through tele-counseling with in-person as needed. CAPS staff will follow all recommended health guidelines, and may ask clients to re-schedule or move to phone appointments if they are exhibiting symptoms.
- Current clients who would like to discontinue services at CAPS are encouraged to call or email their counselor to inform them of this decision.
- New Clients
- Students who would like to begin counseling can call CAPS to set up an Initial Consultation (primarily tele-counseling) to discuss your concerns and make plans for the best next steps.
- Couples: CAPS is suspending services to all new couples.
- Groups, Workshops, and Lunch Series
- In order to follow social distancing guidelines, CAPS is suspending all groups, workshops, and lunch series until further notice. If you have questions about the status of your group, please email your CAPS facilitator or call CAPS.
- Finding A Community Provider
- In-Depth Screenings
- At this time, CAPS is not offering our in-depth screenings. We do continue to offer online screenings found HERE.
Outreach and Community Engagement:
Web Resources Available
Student mental health resources arising from COVID-19