Due to the COVID 19 global pandemic, CAPS has made adjustments to services based on recommendations from UM and the CDC to support the physical safety of our community. CAPS remains open, however our services are mostly virtual. CAPS staff remain actively engaged in supporting the mental health needs of UM students through tele-counseling, crisis support, and virtual outreach. We encourage all students to monitor UM updates HERE. We also strongly encourage all students to take steps to protect themselves from illness.
Students can initiate clinical services at CAPS from wherever they are in the country.
For questions about CAPS services, please call our Front Desk at 734-764-8312.
See Current Wait Time.
- During this Initial Consultation (IC), you can expect to:
- Discuss the concern(s) that brought you to seek services at CAPS
- Collaboratively make decisions for the most effective next steps for treatment that include the following possible options:
- 1. Follow-up meeting with CAPS counselor for brief, solution focused individual counseling
- 2. Connect with a CAPS Case Manager for comprehensive treatment planning for treatment elsewhere on campus or in the Ann Arbor community
- 3. Connection to other UM resources that support mental health care
- 4. Referral to a community mental health provider for open-ended therapeutic treatment
For additional information regarding CAPS clinical services during COVID-19, please see the following:
- CAPS Clinical Services
- Crisis/Urgent Support
- Current Clients
- Current clients who would like to continue services have the option to continue meeting with their counselor through tele-counseling.
- Current clients who would like to discontinue services at CAPS are encouraged to call or email their counselor to inform them of this decision.
- New Clients
- Groups, Workshops, and Lunch Series
- Finding A Community Provider
- In-Depth Screenings
- At this time, CAPS is offering our in-depth screenings. We do continue to offer online screenings found HERE.