Note: The last day for Let's Talk for the Fall semester will be Thursday, December 16th
LET’S TALK program will provide students with easy, virtual, access to brief consultations. LET’S TALK consultations are:
- Private and free to all currently enrolled UMICH students
- Virtual through Zoom
- Available first come, first served – no appointment or IC needed
- Informal consultation, not a substitute for counseling
- 10-15 minute consultations
- Not appropriate for urgent/crisis concerns and mental health emergencies
Drop-in consultation days/times:
- Mondays: 11:00am - 12:00pm with Dr. Todd Sevig
- Tuesdays: 1:00 - 2:00pm with Dr. Reena Sheth
- Wednesdays: 1:00 - 2:00pm with Dr. Todd Sevig
- Thursdays: 2:00 - 3:00pm with Dr. Reena Sheth
How is Let's Talk consultations different from clincal, individual counseling services?
CAPS counselors continue to provide ongoing, brief, counseling by scheduled appointment. LET’S TALK is not formal counseling: it is a drop-in service where students can have a brief, informal consultation from time-to-time. Speaking with Let’s Talk counselors can provide insight, solutions, and referral to CAPS and campus resources and referral to providers in the community. It is the best fit for the following:
- Students who have a specific problem and would like to briefly discuss the issue with a CAPS staff member.
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a CAPS staff member and get solution-focused skills.
- Students who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor.
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want some guidance and support about how to address the issue.
Zoom link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/
Let's Talk is a first come, first serve service. There may be a wait if the counselor is meeting with another student.