Whatever your circumstances, you are invited to take a look at the list below as a starting place for you to thinking about how you might actually enjoy the last few weeks before school starts up again.
- Utilize the Central Campus Recreation Building (CCRB) or the North Campus Recreation Building (NCRB) as it will not crowded during this time of year
- Be sure to participate in the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair July 16-19, 2014 as it celebrates 55 years of originality
- Visit the beautiful University of Michigan Museum of Art
- Enjoy some of the wonderful Metroparks or other nature spots in the area as a new place to take that laptop and work on a dissertation or to read those pages you need to finish, or just to ride your bike, have a picnic with friends, or take a walk.
- Try out the Matthaei Botanical Gardens or Nichols Arboretum
- Take a day trip to Frankenmuth (and enjoy a famous chicken dinner); or go to the awesome Detroit Eastern Market , Explore the world-renowned Detroit Institute of Arts or the Charles Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit or the The Arab American National Museum in Dearborn
- Go to a baseball game and see the Detroit Tigers play at Comerica Park
- Take a long weekend or a week for vacation and explore what Michigan has to offer like the Sleeping Bear Dunes, Tahquamenon Falls, Traverse City, Mackinaw Island and/or other parts of the Upper Peninsula like beautiful Pictured Rocks, Isle Royale, or Keeweenaw Peninsula
- or take a ride across the border and visit Canada.
- Volunteer for: Habitat for Humanity projects, providing meals for the homeless, walking dogs at the Humane Society of Huron Valley, become a Big Brother-Big Sister, coach a little league baseball team or other sport….the choices are limitless!
Wishing you wonderful adventures and experiences and some deserved R&R during these summer months ahead.