Below are some basic tips on how to stop the spread of illness:
- When you cough or sneeze, cover it with a tissue, or sneeze or cough into your sleeve (covering with your hands can spread germs)
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand cleaner
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, and don’t share eating utensils, drinking glasses, towels or other personal items
- Stay home when you are sick, and avoid close contact with people who are sick, if possible
- Get plenty of sleep, eat well, and stay physically active, all of which help your immune system stay strong and fight off illness
It's not too late to get a flu vaccination! For more information about this and when to see a health care provider when you are sick get out the all the information on the University Health Service page!
If you do get a cold or flu and/or cough, we would appreciate it very much if you would call and reschedule your appointments at CAPS. We will do everything possble to reschedule appointments in a timely manner.
Our thanks to University Health Service for this information.